| S.558/54 VICTORIAN RAILWAYS S.558/54
Office of Chief Traffic Manager,
Room 72, 'Phone 1374,
12th March, 1954.
EXHIBITION OF THE ROYAL TRAIN
(Spencer Street Station)
1. Cars of the Royal Train marshalled from the buffer stops, as shown:-
No.4 State Car (on buffer stops No.6 platform)
No.5 State Car
CE van No.34,
will be on exhibition at No.6 platform, Spencer Street, from 10.am to 6.0pm on,
SATURDAYS -13th and 20th March, 1954.
SUNDAYS -14th and 21st March, 1954.
On the above-mentioned dates the general public will be admitted to No.6 platform without charge and may view the cars from the platform.
2. On Monday, 15th and Tuesday 16th March, 1954, the cars of the Royal Train will be open for inspection at No.6 platform from 2.0pm to 5.0pm and only persons in possession of special invitation cards will be admitted to the platform to inspect the train on those dates.
3. Directional posters will be placed at prominent points on Spencer Street entrances and concourses and the direction of visators generally, will be controlled by the Public Relations and Betterment Board.
4. In order to supply the necessary electric power for lighting the above-mentioned vehicles while they are standing in No.6 platform, the "Melville" car must be placed in No.2 Centre Road, opposite No.16 AS. car, on 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 20th, and 21st March, 1954.
5. The Chief Electrical Engineer will please arrange for the overhead wires on No.6 platform to be isolated from 9am on Saturday, 13th March until all units of the Royal Train have been removed from No.6 platform after 5.0pm on Tuesday, 16th March, 1954, also from 9.0am on Saturday 20th until the cars are removed from No.6 platform after 6.0pm on Sunday, 21st March, 1954.
6. When all vehicles have been placed on No.1 Road (No.6 platform) for inspection, the Signalman at No.1 Auxiliary Signal Box must reverse No.5 points to position for No.2 Road and sleeve the lever in the reverse position. In addition, the Signalman must secure No.5 facing points in No.1 Road in reverse position by means of the pointclip provided for the purpose. In the event of it being necessary to perform a movement to or from No.3 Road such may be done, but No.5 points must not be placed normal until No.7 points have been reversed. On completion of the movement No.7 points must not be placed normal until No.5 points have been reversed and secured.
7. Train or shunting movements must not be permitted on No.1 Road during the hours of inspection.
(CONTINUED ON SECOND SHEET)