6 Marian Court Blackburn Detail
Search this collection for more images
Go back to previous page
|blackburn, marian court, 1954|
|Front Garden Photo showing the Brick Chimney|
This weatherboard house was a speculative build in the mid 50's in an area of Blackburn that had been farming and orchards prior to subdivision. The services available to the blocks at the time were power and water. The roads were unmade and waste disposal used septic tanks. When telephone services were connected, they were party lines shared with two or three of the neighbouring properties.
The only heating provided in this house was an open fire place in the brick chimney that can be seen in the left background of this picture taken in about 1956.
The Stockfeld family were the only occupiers of this house in its lifetime at this address as it was removed in three parts by a developer after sale in the early 2000's.
More information about 6 Marian Court Blackburn can be found here