59 Victoria Street Flemington
59 Victoria Street Flemington is associated with 59 Victoria Street Flemington located at these coordinates -37.7867035644, 144.934287965
| 59 Victoria Street Flemington is one of a pair of timber cottages sharing a centre wall. The pair are amongst the earliest homes built in Victoria Street and can be seen on the MMBW Detail Plan No 847 - a selection of which is shown below. In 1901,the Sands & McDougall Directory for that year lists Sydney Noble as being in residence.
The 1903/04 Rates Ledger for the Borough of Flemington and Kensington lists Micheal Mannix, Gent, as the owner and the occupier as Henry McDonald, a tram driver.
By 1909 the occupants are William Brown, a labourer and his wife Mary Brown.
This house is the only house left in the street to have the Blue and white "Victoria St" street sign still in place.
This property profile from part of the Victorian Era Victoria Street Flemington project.
|PROV, VPRS 5708/P4 Unit 2|
|Agency VA - 511 (City of Melbourne and Borough of Flemington and Kensington)|
|Record Type:||Rate Payment Ledger|
|victoria street, flemington, william brown, mary brown, sydney noble, micheal mannix, henry mcdonald|
|Image||Transcript Margin Notes||Body of Transcript|